Sunday, August 2, 2009

IT's About Time!!!














So Today is the day I start my blog!!! I will begin by showing a few of the new things I am working on. Since our trip to London in June, I have been loving all things 1600-1800's . With that, I have made up some Marie Antoinette inspired pieces.

I have been making florets ( that's what I am calling them... Do they have a proper name?) like a madwoman!! I was making the florets out of simple patterned paper, then I tried it with vellum and WHAT A GREAT RESULT!!!! I really wanted to make some from crepe paper. I tried EVERYTHING... finally I just sewed the edge and gathered, just like one does for a skirt or sleeve.
It worked and that's what I used for the Marie Antoinette party hat!!!
Today is day one... let's see what happenes tomorrow.


3 comments:

DragonSlayer - Sarah said...

They turned out beautifully! Well done! Thanks for sharing and good luck with the blog-- It's a good start!! :-)

Unknown said...

So cute! I look forward to seeing all your creativity come to fruition :)

Unknown said...

BTW, I just read one of your posts on Two Peas & I ♥ you're a hs'ing mom! We're hs'ers too :)